How To Fold A Straight Knotted Napkin
The knotted napkin is a simple yet beautiful way to style your tablescape. It’s easy to achieve and takes only a little practice to get it right – perfect for those of you who want unfussy wedding linens.
The straight knotted napkin would be suitable for a more relaxed wedding. It suggests understated elegance that allows for a carefree aesthetic. It also adds texture and interest to your plates – if you only have a charger plate and main plate, your tablescape could seem flat, especially if you have a folded napkin on top. Place a knotted napkin on your plate and it automatically adds definition.
The straight knotted napkin suggests understated elegance, suitable for a more relaxed wedding.
This style works with both patterned and solid coloured napkins, although my personal preference is solid. To achieve the best knotted napkin, I would recommend using a cotton or linen napkin, and to use napkins that are square in shape.
Straight Knotted Napkin – Step By Step
1. Iron all of your napkins – this will help you to achieve a more professional looking finish.
2. Lay you napkin upside down on a flat surface.
3. Take one side of the napkin and fold it lengthways to create a rectangle. Make sure the corners are perfectly aligned, before defining the crease and flattening the fold.
4. To tie the knot, start by gathering the napkin in the middle to create a bow like shape.
5. Pick up your napkin and take the top section. Fold it down and across the lower section. This will create a loop, similar in shape to a backwards number 4.
6. Take the tail, that you just crossed over, and feed it through the loop you created.
7. Pull it tight to tie the knot.
8. Once you’ve got your knotted napkin, you can then modify it. Adjust the knot until you achieve the look you are aiming for.
9. Finish the style by placing the napkin atop your plate.
To achieve the best knotted napkin, I would recommend using a cotton or linen napkin, and to use napkins that are square in shape.
If you want to add embellishment, I would opt to use a single sprig of greenery tucked into the fold. However, this napkin works particularly well without adding any additional styling. If you are looking for a little bit more detail, you can achieve this through your choice of napkin. Opt for one with a hemstitched or frayed edge to achieve that extra interest. I hope this helps you to fold the perfect straight knotted napkin.
Disclaimer – We always endeavour to credit the correct and original source of every image that we use. If you think that this credit may be incorrect, then please contact us at email@example.com