A Step-by-Step Guide On Folding Square Napkins
Square Napkins are a more modern take on the simple fold, perfect for a more contemporary wedding. You can dress up your wedding reception table with these creative square napkins for artful styling your guests have never seen before – Perfect for taking your place settings to the next level.
This look appears particularly contemporary when used with alternating colours of plates and napkins. Fold each napkin into a crisp square before centring on the plate. This creates a look which is elegant and simple. Dress it up for any theme or style by adding adornments. Add a sprig of fresh greenery and finish off the look with some luxe velvet ribbon or achieve my look by using a long trailing silk ribbon for more romantic square napkins.
Add to the contemporary look with complementary square menus. The napkin/menu bundle will help to keep your place setting neat whilst the square format adds a modern elegance
Due to their design, you could also make them before hand as they hold their shape well in storage. This would allow you to focus on the other details of your wedding on the actual day.
For the perfect fold, I would recommend using a rectangular napkin. This will create a perfectly sized square, without looking either over-sized or small on your plate.
Step by Step – Single Pocket Napkin
- Iron all of your napkins – do this to achieve the best results. It will ensure a more rigid napkin, giving it a professional looking finish.
Note – This fold needs to be done using a rectangular napkin.
- Lay you napkin upside down on a flat surface.
- Take one side of the napkin and fold it into the middle. Make sure the outer edge runs down the centre of the napkin, before defining the crease and flattening the fold.
- Repeat this with the second side, so that both edges meet in the centre. Define the crease and flatten the fold
- Take the bottom edge and fold it a third of the way up, as shown in the image. Don’t define the fold yet!
- Repeat this with the top edge, folding it down and over the fold you just created. This will create the square shape.
- If your square is slightly off, then adjust the folds to create the desired shape. Once this is done, then you can define the fold.
8. Dress with embellishments – ribbons, twine, name tags etc.
9. Place atop your plate.
Dress up your wedding reception table with these artful, creative square napkins, perfect for a more contemporary wedding.
Similarly to the basic fold, square napkins are a good choice if you want to incorporate a nametag for a place card alternative. Furthermore, you can add to the contemporary look with complementary square menus. This napkin/menu bundle will help to keep your place setting neat and tidy, whilst the square format adds a modern elegance. Fold your square napkins and place a menu on top; tying them together with string, twine or ribbon.
Disclaimer – We always endeavour to credit the correct and original source of every image that we use. If you think that this credit may be incorrect, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org